Friday, December 2, 2016

A Crafty Regency Christmas, today at Austen Authors

Come join me today at Austen Authors for my post, A Craft Regency Christmas. Here's the beginning of the post. Follow the link for more.

Wheew! I just wrapped up the NaNoWriMo madness, and now it’s time to bring on the holidays!
I can’t help but get crafty at this time each year. My fingers seem to literally itch for a needle and thread, a pile of scrapbooking supplies, or whatever else I’ve found on Pinterest to inspire me. Ah, Pinterest! What did we ever do without you? So as my attention turns away from writing and onto paper folding, I thought I would do some research on Pinterest for Austen/Regency inspired craft projects to decorate your home with this holiday season. I’m not sure if I will personally get to any of these projects this year as I am in midst of appliquéing a set of Twelve Days of Christmas ornaments, but all are going on the “maybe someday” list, of which I have such a treasure trove.
The first project I will definitely get to someday, as I have a proliferation of inherited, crochet doilies (not all of which I’m willing to cut up – but some seem perfect for this!) and have yet to find a use for them. Why not turn them into a garland for use on any festive occasion? This is an item that you can buy on Etsy from DaisiesBlueShop, but I think it would be quite easy to make. The key is getting your hands on the doilies, if you haven’t a convenient stash on hand. Now you have an excuse to go antiqueing: you’re welcome!

Read the rest of the post at Austen Authors: http://austenauthors.net/a-crafty-regency-christmas/.

No comments:

Post a Comment