Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Jane Austen Book Club's Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Celebration

As you can probably conceive, I was delighted when Maria Grazia of My Jane Austen Book Club asked me to participate in her Sense and Sensibility Bicentenary Celebration! Each month of this year, Maria has invited a different Austenesque writer or JA blogger to submit a guest post on a topic related to Sense and Sensibility. I am submitting my thoughts on Sense and Sensibility on film in February, and look forward to revisiting the adaptations I love and discovering some modern adaptations, that may well become new favorites, for the occasion. There will be giveaways as well (what celebration is complete without prizes?), and I am excited to be offering a DVD of my most beloved version of this magnificent story, the 1995 film written by Emma Thompson and directed by Ang Lee. Below is a complete list of participants and post topics by month, all of which sound fascinating. I know the January item up for grabs is a copy of the new book, The Three Weissmans of Westport by Cathleen Schine, a modern take on Austen's first published novel (my copy is already on its way, and I am very much anticipating reading it). I hope you will all take part in this wonderful tribute to the magnificent tale that launch our dear Miss Austen's legendary career.
               
January - Marriage & Money in Sense & Sensibility by Jennifer Becton

February - Sense and Sensibility on Screen by Alexa Adams

March - Inheritance Laws & Their Consequences in Sense & Sensibility
by C. Allyn Pierson

April - Lost in Sense & Sensibility by Beth Patillo

May - Willoughby: A Rogue on Trial by Jane Odiwe

June - Secrets in Sense & Sensibility by Deb of Jane Austen in Vermont

July - Interview with Lucy Steele by Laurie Viera Rigler 

August - Settling for the Compromise Marriage by Regina Jeffers

September - The Origins of S&S: Richardson, Jane Austen, Elinore & Mariannne  
by Lynn Shepherd
                                          
October - Sense & Sensibility Fanfiction by Meredith of Austenesque Reviews 

November - Minor Characters in Sense & Sensibility by Vic of Jane Austen's World

December - Marianne Dashwood: A Passion for Dead Leaves & Other Sensibilities
               by Laurel Ann of Austenprose                 

No comments:

Post a Comment