Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pride & Prejudice Readathon: Celebrating the Bicentenary the Crazy Janeite Way

This is a bit of madness I cooked up just this morning. With the support of my husband and mother, who are on baby detail, I am going to read the entire novel of Pride & Prejudice on the day it was first published, 200 years ago this coming Monday. Starting at midnight EST, I will be reading and blogging until I finish the book. The goal is to read approximately two and a half chapters an hour, or one volume every eight hours, with blog posts at the end of each volume, as well as whenever I feel particularly inspired by the text. I'd like to check in as often as possible without getting off schedule, but as this is entirely experimental, we'll just have to see how it goes.

If anyone is so crazy as to want to join me in this endeavor, I welcome your participation with open arms. Please let me know if you will be reading along, and feel free to advertise your insanity with this button I threw together. The image is from the oil painting Young Girl Reading by Jean-Honore Fragonard, courtesy of the National Gallery of Art. Even if you can't participate (and I imagine few can), please stop by and read my increasingly incoherent insights into one of the greatest novels of all time. I can only hope, after twenty-four sleepless hours, that I am still capable of something more than just drooling over Darcy.   

No comments:

Post a Comment