Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Presenting the Cover Design for Second Glances: A Tale of Less Pride and Prejudice Continues

I'm super excited to be able to share with you the over of my next book, Second Glances: A Tale of Less Pride and Prejudice Continues. But first I need to express my huge thanks to Ms. Dawn for the title suggestion! I hope she sees this post, and if she will contact me at the email address listed at the very bottom of my blog, I will be sure to both thank her for the suggestion in the book and send her a complimentary copy when it is available. On that note, I should make it abundantly clear that just because I have a cover does not mean that the book is any where need to being ready for publication. I'm actually still completing the first draft, which I hope to have done before the birth of my daughter, who is expected in less than seven weeks. If life cooperates, the book will be available in early 2012. We went ahead and did the cover design now in order to have one less thing on the to do list once the baby arrives to eat up all my time. I am so happy with the way it cane out - I might even like it better than the cover of First Impressions, which absolutely entranced me when it was first created. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A year has passed since the conclusion of First Impressions, and the marriages made by the Bennet girls are prospering. Kitty, having excelled at her school in Bath, has been invited to join the Darcys in London for Georgiana's first season. The two young ladies, now fast friends, must navigate the pitfalls of London society, a task made far more difficult than Kitty anticipates by a chance encounter at a coaching inn. The situation is further complicated by the interference of three parties: Lady Catherine, who is determined to see both satisfactorily married, the Wickhams, who will do anything they can to leverage their familial connections to the utmost advantage, and Lydia, who, restless and resentful at still being confined to school, resolves to liberate herself. Join the reimagined cast of Pride and Prejudice as they pursue happiness amidst the ongoing obstacles their relatives insist on erecting. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to hear and see this! I didn't know that you'd been working on a continuation. :)

    The cover looks beautiful and I love how it's design follows the same idea as First Impressions'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katherine! I just hope I'm able to get it finished in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I'm seeing a trend in cover design toward branding--creating images that are similar to one another in style. This reminds me of your first book, and if I saw it on a bookshelf, I'd wonder if they were written by the same author and I'd pick it up for that reason. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy - Thanks for sharing such a lovely thought! I have an awesome graphic designer friend who gets very excited by the notion of creating whole series of books in the same style, all with different color spines. I'm just thrilled with the work he does.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover and can't wait to read Second Glances.
    BTW I'm going to write a double review (English and Italian) of First Impressions very soon!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Giada! Please let me know when you have written the review because there is a chance I might miss it otherwise, as my blogging has become so irregular as my pregnancy has progressed.

    ReplyDelete