Thursday, July 15, 2010

First Impressions is at the top of Amazon's Women's Fiction list!

This is kind of silly, but I couldn't resist the urge to share. Although my overall Amazon sales rank has been lower this month than in the past, First Impressions: A Tale of Less Pride and Prejudice, is now number one on Amazon's Bestsellers in Women's Fiction list! I don't know how long it will remain there (it has been creeping upwards for the past few weeks), and anyone who has ever attempted it will understand how indecipherable Amazon's ranking system is. Still, if someone had predicted how well the book would sell - how very flattering would be the reviews - a mere four months ago, I would have laughed at them. Thank you to everyone who has bought the book and especially to those who have let me know how very much they enjoyed it. I am now (hopefully) really getting rolling on the second book, which has no name as of yet, and which will continue the story begun in First Impressions, primarily focusing on the romances of Kitty and Georgiana. As the writing progresses, I will keep you updated with commentary on the process and, hopefully, excerpts. Never have I had a better motivator to write than hearing from fans; it makes me optimistic that the writing/publishing process will go much quicker this time.

Just a quick word on Janeicillin. I expect that the hiatus will continue through the summer. I am just not home enough to spend the time on it. My hope is that by waiting until I can give Persuasion my proper attention, the end result will be much more satisfying. Thanks for your patience.

9 comments:

  1. Great! Congratulations, Alexa, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria! I'm, frankly, stunned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding news! You certainly deserve it!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news, Alexa! May the climb skyward continue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! I appreciate all the good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo-Hoo! That's fantastic and most deserving! Yes, please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete