Thursday, November 1, 2012

Emma & Elton eBook available on Goodreads

Take that Amazon! It's not the ideal solution, but it does make me feel a bit better to be able to offer Emma & Elton: Something Truly Horrid for download someplace "official". You can now download it for free on Goodreads (here) and on this blog (here). If you do so and enjoy the story, I would greatly appreciate it if you went over to Amazon and posted a review. If you despised the story, on the other hand, perhaps you might confine your review to a less public forum, like this blog? I'm always anxious to get feedback, good and bad, but I admit that nothing hurts quite so much as being torn to shreds on Amazon. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if you saw, but I reviewed Emma & Elton on my blog:
    http://diaryofaneccentric.wordpress.com/2013/09/13/review-emma-elton-something-truly-horrid-by-alexa-adams/

    I really enjoyed it; I only wish it had been longer. I want to know what happened next! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and for the review!

      I'm not sure I could have sustained it much longer. I feel very close to Emma and seeing her suffer hurts. Maybe someday I'll have the stomach for it.

      The good thing about Jane & Bingley, since it's just a perspective change, is that we all know what happens in the end. Indeed, that's kind of the fun of the story.

      Delete
    2. Emma's my favorite Austen novel, and I like her character too so I can see why you wouldn't want to expand on this one. I just thought it was unique for an Austen retelling so I wanted to see how it would all play out...even if I shuddered with the horror of it all!

      Delete
    3. I'm glad you found it compelling! I shudder too, but maybe I will someday continue it. I'm rather fond of this story. :)

      Delete